The aim of the Vision Phase was to steer and target the activities of maritime actors and maritime spatial planners.
The Vision 2050 for sustainable use of the sea and the related area-specific goals and sector-specific roadmaps were developed through extensive stakeholder work in autumn 2019 and early 2020. A national workshop was held (1 October 2019) and four regional workshops were also organised (Vaasa 6 November 2019, Oulu 7 November 2019, Helsinki 27 November 2019, and Uusikaupunki 28 November 2019). Area-specific development visions for 2030 and sector-specific roadmaps for 2030 were created based on the discussions held at the workshops. Vision work took into account the situational picture of sectors (strengths and weaknesses), the authorities’ policies for the use of marine areas, and observations of scenario work (threats and opportunities).
Get familiar with our future stories. Our videos show trends that appeared during the vision work. You can find English subtitles in the video settings.
- What might be happening in marine logistics in 2030?
- How does daily life look like in a coastal village in 2030?
- How fish catch will be utilised in the future, and how does the Finnish fishing industry look like in 2030?
- What makes a scuba diver excited in 2030?
- What is a wind turbine technician thinking in 2030?
- What does a traveler experience on the Finnish coast in 2030?